The purpose of our blog is to discuss topical issues, stories, and situations, as well as to share what we are up to and new ways for you to get involved. We are always searching for possible answers to the question: Why is a girl's worth culturally and historically relative?

Friday, March 12, 2010

31 Heroines of March 2010: Unknown Heroine


As defined, a heroine is "a woman of distinguished courage or ability, admired for her brave deeds and noble qualities."  I do not have a lone heroine.  I have multitudes.  Am I breaking the rules?

Is the heroine my mother...for teaching me, loving me, honoring ME!  Is it a teacher?  Was there one gesture or one moment in a classroom that changed my life?  Oh, I know!  The ultimate heroine is that movie star, the one I worshipped as a teen.  Sometimes, I still worship women that I do not know.  It has nothing to do with brave deeds.  I do not have a lone heroine.

My mind is filled with the multitude of unknown heroines who have passed through my life.  I doubt any of them are household names.
Lauren Caldwell

Tomorrow, check back to find out about a heroine who was the star of her own comic book series.

No comments:

Post a Comment