The purpose of our blog is to discuss topical issues, stories, and situations, as well as to share what we are up to and new ways for you to get involved. We are always searching for possible answers to the question: Why is a girl's worth culturally and historically relative?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What do Disney Princes and Princesses teach our children?


Ah Disney. Admittedly I’m a fan, and Mulan is my favourite but I’m not that much of a fan.

I could talk about how when trying to find some children’s dress up clothes that the only girls clothes on offer are Disney princess outfits, while the boys could be cowboys or ninjas; or I could talk about how the idea of waiting for a prince is detrimental to young girls ways of thinking but to be honest, this cartoon (via Boing Boing) pretty much sums it up....


-Julie Anne Young
Junior Girl
Girl Museum Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment